- Take a guided daytrip from central Munich into the Bavarian countryside and see two of the world's most grandiose castles
- See the beautiful Rococo architecture of Linderhof Palace, King Ludwig II's modest homage to Versailles
- Take a tour of the mind-blowing architectural wonder that is Neuschwanstein Castle, inspired by Wagner's fairytale operas, and the inspiration for Sleeping Beauty
Steal away into a fairytale with a daytrip to Neuschwanstein & Linderhof Castles - two of the most extravagant castles in the world. See the castle that inspired Disney's Sleeping Beauty, in the calm seclusion of the Bavarian countryside, and get a sense of King Ludwig II's deep pockets and his obvious struggles with subtlety!
Depart from downtown Munich and get ready for castle doubleheader that's pure fantasy ... but in reality!
You'll toodle across hilly pastures and vast sweeping valleys to the Rococo elegance of Linderhof Palace. Inspired by the Palace of Versailles, it's all ornate Baroque architecture and manicured gardens.
As beautiful as it is, by King Ludwig II's standards, Linderhof is positively understated!
Neuschwanstein Castle will give you a proper sense of the Mad King's taste for opulent grandeur. There really is no way to exaggerate it - it's an architectural treasure that appears almost mystical on first glance... and second... and third!
- Show your smartphone ticket at the departure point to have it scanned and enter the bus
- The bus departs from Munich Central Station, in front of the Karstadt department store. Look for the sign of the tour provider Autobus Oberbayern, which is also shown on the white tour bus
- Please arrive at least 20 minutes prior to departure. The tour starts at 08:30. Seats are given on a first-come, first-served basis
- Cancellations are not possible for this ticket
- Changes are possible for this ticket
Ever the quirky romantic, King Ludwig II didn't build Neuschwanstein Castle on top of a hill for defense purposes, but simply because he liked the view!