Tickets for Leonardo's Vineyard
See the vineyard that belonged to Leonardo
- See where Leonardo da Vinci had his vineyard 500 years ago when he was gifted the estate as payment for the Last Supper (which is just across the street)
- Tour the iconic Renaissance palace Casa degli Atellani - a magnificent ivy-covered building hosting art and elaborate carvings
- Learn how Italian experts are working to recreate Leonardo's favourite wine, thanks to genetic testing
Think you’re great at drinking wine? How about drinking wine like one of the greats? La Vigna di Leonardo, aka Da Vinci's Vineyard once belonged to the man himself, and you’ll learn more about the efforts underway by Italian experts to create the same white wine he loved when you tour this fascinating piece of vino-history in Milan.
The estate was a gift to the artist in 1499 from the then Duke of Milan, Lodovico Sforza, to say thanks for the Last Supper True to his Tuscan roots, Leonardo Da Vinci was a fan of wine as much as he was the arts, and The Atellani House, home to the gardens that hosted his vineyards 500 years ago, is one of the most significant buildings in Milan.
The vineyards were in action right up to the Second World War, and post an Allied bombing in 1943 the land became the walled gardens of the Renaissance palace Casa degli Atellani. Excavations uncovered surviving vines and thanks to genetic testing we now know the specific variety Leonardo loved so much. (Isn't science amazing?) Learn what it is and more, plus explore the gorgeous carvings, elaborate frescoes and art inside the palace, all on a fascinating 25-minute tour.
No other city can boast an attraction quite like this one. The vineyard is directly opposite the Church of Santa Maria delle Grazie, so for visitors on the Leonardo da Vinci trail, or just for those who love wine, it’s a corker. (Like what we did there?)
How to use your tickets
Swap your smartphone voucher for a paper ticket at the entrance.
- Entrance to Museo Vigna di Leonardo in Milan
Good to know
- Metro: MM1/MM2 to Cadorna
- Tram: 16 or 19
- Bus: 18, 50, 58 or 94