Tickets for Leonardo3 - The World of Leonardo
The genius of da Vinci comes to life
- An interactive museum and research center that brings the past to life using innovative technology. No doubt da Vinci himself would approve!
- Working models of more than 200 of da Vinci's machines, including a submarine, a rapid-fire crossbow and a mechanical eagle and dragonfly
- These digitized restorations of his paintings are no replacement for his original Mona Lisa and The Last Supper, but these unique high-tech exhibits are super cool
Renaissance men didn't get more Renaissance than painter, sculptor, inventor, architect, scientist, writer and mapmaker Leonardo da Vinci. This exhibition breathes life into his story, thanks to digitized paintings and hundreds of working models of his machines.
Located in the center of the city (conveniently between La Scala and il Duomo), the Leonardo3 is a fascinating place to spend some time with your family. Or, if you're on your own, an amazing place to get lost in your thoughts (and curse them for not being as imaginative, precise, or ahead of their time as da Vinci's were).
The interactive exhibition, with hundreds of models of machines of his own creation - including a submarine, rapid-fire crossbow and a mechanical dragonfly, is a great way to get to know the restless genius of the man who inspired The da Vinci Code (for which you may be grateful or annoyed).
The exhibition is a decent size, so you'll get plenty to explore, but are unlikely to suffer 'museum fatigue'.
In addition to a digital restoration of The Last Supper, Leonardo3 has recently been given a boost by an interactive new exhibit: La Dama con l’ermellino. One of da Vinci's most famous portraits (cough cough Mona Lisa), introduces visitors to a range of analysis and entry points.
To experience a truly remarkable mind, get into this museum. Then go buy yourself a sketchbook and get to work.
How to use your tickets
Show your smartphone ticket at the entrance.
Good to know
- Metro: Red line to Duomo or yellow line to Montenapoleone
- Tram: 1 to Teatro alla Scala