- Ride the Puffing Billy steam train through the forest from Belgrave to Menzies Creek, the most scenic section of the original steam locomotive's journey
- Be wowed by the heart of the Dandenongs in Sherbrooke Forest and stand amongst tall eucalypts, king parrots, kookaburras, and bellbirds
- Be an honourary Aussie with a Bush Billy Tea, including all the Australian treats like lamingtons, Vegemite and crackers
This trip to the gorgeous Dandenong Ranges National Park is as Australian as snuggling in a kangaroo's pouch. Listen out for kookaburras, ride the Puffing Billy steam train through lush greenery, and tuck into lamingtons and more with a special bush tea included!
Listen to the happy sound of singing birds, and learn about the area as you go along. By then, you'll be hungry for some proper bush tucker at the picnic grounds.
Watching your guide making your Bush Billy Tea is part of the adventure! See how it's boiled in the billy can over an open flame, just how the Aussies have done it for years. Tuck into chocolate lamingtons as well as Vegemite and crackers, and feed some local crimson rosellas and sulphur-crested cockatoos by hand. They'll love you for it.
Burn off those lamingtons on a short bush walk, then hop on the Puffing Billy steam train for a journey through a stunning setting. Chug your way past cute little villages, from Belgrave to Menzies Creek. It's a scenic heritage railway ride that'll make you feel like you're in a movie.
Did we mention the views are to die for? Melbourne's skyline, Silvan Dam, and the rolling hills all look incredible from here.
- Present your smartphone ticket to the bus driver at the starting point
- The starting point is at Federation Square East, on the corner of Flinders and Russell Street. Look for the Puffing Billy Steam Train Tour sign
- Please arrive 15 minutes before departure time! Departure is at 08:10
- Cancellations are possible up to 24 hours before your visit date
- Changes may be possible for this ticket