- Get a great introduction to the fascinating Sassi and see how the ancient cave dwellers lived
- Explore the levels of a 16th-century family home - don't miss the original wallpaper in the kitchen
- Learn the history of Matera through the centuries in an awe-inspiring recreation with video and multimedia exhibits
If you're planning to visit the unique and fascinating Sassi di Matera, this 25-minute multimedia exhibit gives you a great introduction. Explore three rooms of a 16th-century family home, see how the Sassi's early inhabitants lived, and uncover Matera's fascinating history.
The trials and tribulations of the Sassi's historical population are yours to explore with a multimedia exhibition and audioguide at Casa Noha, the private home of the Noha family in the 1500s.
Explore the social history of the town and the Sassi di Matera, two districts that are famous for their ancient cave dwellings. Witness how the family and their fellow Materans have lived for hundreds of years, and step into the rooms overlooking the Sasso Caveoso, not far from the cathedral.
A narrated film will help you get to grips with the Sassi, from prehistoric to modern times. When you get to the kitchen, take an extra special look at the walls. This is the only room in Casa Noha with the original wallpaper!
- Swap your smartphone voucher for a paper ticket at the ticket office
- Please arrive for your selected timeslot. The videos and projections start at designated times
- Cancellations are possible up to 24 hours before your visit date
- Changes may be possible for this ticket