- See works by the likes of Ilya Repin, Wassily Kandinsky, and Vladimir Tatlin at the first overseas branch of Saint Petersburg's State Russian Museum
- Enjoy Byzantine-inspired and Soviet era work carefully chosen from the 400,000 pieces belonging to the Saint Petersburg collection
- Admire the charm of the museum, housed inside an old tobacco factory, which also hosts an auditorium, screening halls, and a reading room
Believe it or not, the Collection of the Russian Museum in Málaga fills up an entire old tobacco factory! Long-term exhibitions are renewed every year, with displays including names like Ilya Repin, Marc Chagall, Wassily Kandinsky, and Vladimir Tatlin.
Any art fan will be impressed not only by the works on display here, but by the venue itself. The 2,300-m2 tobacco factory, built in a regionalist style in the 1920s, is now home to centuries' worth of Russian art and so much more. The Tabacalera has a small auditorium, three different screening halls, a space for digital resources, and a reading room packed with reference books!
Soak up a broad range of art, from beautiful Byzantine-inspired works to thought-provoking social realism that will whisk you back to the Soviet era.
Hanging on the walls you'll see Tatlin, Chagall, Kazimir Malevich and Wassily Kandinsky, whose work is put into context by an included audio guide. When you leave, why not talk about what you've learned over a White Russian somewhere nice? You're on a city break, after all.
- Cancellations are not possible for this ticket
- Changes are not possible for this ticket
Bus: 16 to Avenida Sor Teresa Prats (Tabacalera); 40 to Avenida Pacifico (Princesa).