Tickets for Centre Pompidou Málaga
The Centre Pompidou's seaside outpost
- Enter El Cubo a cuboid glass structure in Málaga port and visit the Centre Pompidou's only branch outside France
- See more than 80 artworks, from 1905 and later, including significant pieces from Frida Kahlo, Pablo Picasso, Rene Magritte and more. Temporary exhibitions with works from Pompidou Paris keep the collections here fresh
- The collection is grouped into seven different sections, to put the works into new perspective, covering many different styles, artists, and countries
Málaga is Picasso's birthplace, and the city has honored its most famous son with a stunning colorful cube on the waterfront. The daring structure outside perfectly suits the collection of modern and contemporary art inside, all from the collection of the Pompidou in Paris.
As you stroll down Málaga's charming seafront towards the port, you won't miss the translucent panels of the ultra-sleek cube (know affectionately as El Cubo). Málaga's appeal owes a lot to its beaches and tapas. But the opening of this branch of the Centre Pompidou in Paris has put it squarely on the cultural map too.
Inside, the museum boasts fantastic exhibits borrowed from the Pompidou in Paris. Self-portraits from Frida Kahlo and Francis Bacon, Picasso's Flowered Hat, The Rape by René Magritte, as well as contemporary works including by conceptual artist Sophie Calle and multi-discipline works from Bruce Nauman.
Featuring a range of paintings, sculptures, installations, and films, the Pompidou Málaga will leave you thoughtful and inspired - the perfect state to be in when you go to the beach for a swim or for sunset cocktails.
DANIEL BUREN 25/10/2017 - 14/1/2018
To celebrate the Centre Pompidou Malaga’s 40-year anniversary, the gallery has invited French conceptual artist Daniel Buren for a special winter residency. Buren is best known for his minimalist colored stripes, which transform existing architecture into huge interactive artworks – so expect to see the Pompidou in a totally different light.
BLOBTERRE 18/10/2017 - 21/5/2018
Youth space at the Centre Pompidou Malaga
This special youth-oriented exhibition was created by designer Matali Crasset and immerses the visitor in a multisensory world of imagination and discovery. Crasset repurposes everyday items throughout the exhibition to suggest new ways of experiencing nature, via her fictional blobterrians who are rapidly colonizing urban spaces.
- Access to the permanent collection
- Access to the temporary exhibition
- Audio guide
Cancellations are not possible for this ticket.
Bus: 1, 3, 4, 11, 14, 16, 19, 25, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 40, 92, A, C1 or C2.
Y su interior para embelesarse
Merece la pena visitar cuando se vaya a Malaga