- Get up close to over 500 different species of aquatic, aeronautic, and land-locked creatures
- See one of the largest - and oldest - zoos in the world; it's spread out over 20 hectares in the Casa de Campo
- Check out regular daily animal shows featuring dolphins, sea lions, birds of prey, and more!
If you're in Madrid, and part of the family wants to go to the zoo, and part of the family wants to go to the aquarium. How will you spend the day? Easy! Go to the Zoo Aquarium de Madrid - it's both zoo and aquarium!
Stretching out over 20 hectares in the Casa de Campo, this zoo is one of the biggest and oldest in Europe. It's home to over 500 different species of animals; there are big names (and animals) such as pandas, wolves, giraffes and white tigers, as well as lizards and many smaller mammals.
The 3,000 m2 Aviario (aviary) has more than 60 types of birds, including bald eagles, vultures, and condors. Catch a 'Birds of Prey' show to see them perform flight exercises like they're nature's stunt pilots.
If underwater adventure is more your style, The aquarium has one of the most impressive collections of coral in Europe. And if coral doesn't float your boat, there are plenty of colorful fish, single-minded sharks, and regular dolphin and sea lion shows guaranteed to make a splash.
With a broad array of furry, feathered, and scaly creatures, Zoo Aquarium Madrid is animal-tastic family-friendly good times.
Show your smartphone ticket at the main entrance to get it scanned, then head straight in and enjoy your visit!
Cancellations are possible up to 72 hours before your visit date.
- May: Mon-Fri 10:30-19:30, Sat-Sun 10:30-20:30. 1, 2 + 15 May 10:30-20:30
- June: Mon-Fri 10:30-20:00, Sat-Sun 10:30-20:30. 1 + 2 June 10:30-19:30
- July: Sun-Wed + 1 July 10:30-20:30, Thu-Sat 10:30-00:00, 3-5 July 10:30-20:00
- August: Sun-Wed + 31 August 10:30-20:30, Thu-Sat 10:30-00:00
- September: 1, 4-8, 16-17, 23-24, 30 September 10:30-20:00, 2, 3, 9, 10 10:30-20:30, 11-15, 18-22, 25-29 September 10:30-18:30
- 1 October 10:30-20:00
- Metro: Lines 5 or 10 to Casa de Campo, then a 12-minute walk to the Zoo Aquarium entrance
- Bus: EMT bus line 33 to Casa de Campo stop