Tickets for Museo Nacional Thyssen-Bornemisza: Sorolla and Fashion Exhibition + Audio Guide
The art world, accessorized by fine fashion, in this super-stylish exhibition
- Explore the close relationship between art and fashion in an exhibition which places master portrait artists Joaquín Sorolla's greatest work alongside beautifully detailed garments from the 19th century
- Go on an audio-guided journey through Sorolla's life and work in four distinct stages: Sorolla in private, Society portraits, Elegant Summers, and Paris and modern life
- Enjoy the Museo Nacional Thyssen-Bornemisza's comprehensive main collection, with masterpieces from the 13th to late 20th century
Joaquín Sorolla was one of Spain's most accomplished painters, known for his love of all things haute couture. This exhibition (13 February - 27 May 2018) at the Museo Nacional Thyssen-Bornemisza in Madrid displays some of his greatest works alongside ornate 19th-century outfits to explore the dialogue between these two creative spheres. Explore it with the included and ultra-fashionable audio guide.
Divided into four sections, this super-stylish exhibition celebrates Sorolla's enduring love of classical and contemporary fashions, showing how sartorial designs influenced his compositions and techniques – and how these then came to influence fashion designers all over the world.
Sorolla in private focuses on the artist's daily life and close family, with portraits of his children and excitable letters to his wife explaining the latest trends he'd seen in Paris.
Society portraits places his canvases of the Spanish nobility alongside spectacular dresses and gowns from French tailors of the time.
Elegant Summers follows Sorolla on vacation, charting the seaside fashions of Costa Brava and the Levante coastline.
And Paris and modern life takes in his later years living in the cafes and boulevards of the fashion capital.
So get dressed up and prepare for an exhibition that's as chic as they come.
- Access to the permanent collection
- Access to the temporary exhibition Sorolla and Fashion
- Audio guide in English or Spanish
- Show your smartphone voucher at the desk marked 'Acreditación Venta Online y Telefónica', located on your left-hand side as you enter the museum. With this ticket you can visit both the temporary exhibition and the permanent collection
- Access to the exhibition is every 15 minutes. When you exchange your voucher for your ticket, you'll be given a pass for the first available timeslot
Cancellations are not possible for this ticket.
- Metro: Line 2 to Banco de España
- Bus: Lines 1, 2, 5, 9, 10, 14, 15, 20, 27, 34, 37, 41, 51, 52, 53, 74, 146 or 150
- Train: Any line to Atocha