Tickets for Museo Nacional Thyssen-Bornemisza Madrid
- Explore one of the most extraordinary – and largest – private art collections in the entire world
- See a crucial part of the 'Golden Triangle of Art', along with the Prado and the Reina Sofia
- Take a themed audio tour to learn about topics like jewelry, food, fashion, inclusivity, and sustainability
Ever looked at portraits and longed for the stories behind them? Welcome to Rembrandt and Amsterdam portraiture (1590-1670), where the people in the paintings come to life. Learn about the married couples, craftsmen at work, children, scholars, businessmen, and the artists themselves.
For the first time in Spain, see Rembrandt's work as a portraitist via almost 40 of his portraits, plus works by other artists who were also getting creative in Amsterdam during the height of the Dutch Century. Some of this work has never been presented before in Europe.
Make time in Madrid to see this spectacular collection of art, and then silently thank German-Hungarian industrialist Baron Heinrich Thyssen-Bornemisza de Kászon for making art collecting his hobby. Themed audio tours make this a rare and informative artistic delight!
The name may be hard to pronounce, but don't let that stop you from making your way to the Museo Nacional Thyssen-Bornemisza. It's one of the most extraordinary private art collections in the world, and also one of the largest.
Many of the big names are here, sometimes represented by just one painting. Start on the top floor and work your way down. Travel through history, from medieval art on the second floor through Impressionism, Post-Impressionism, and Expressionism on the first floor, all the way to Pop Art and the avant-garde on the ground floor.
Book a themed audio tour
The museum's excellent audio tours mean you can choose what you learn about as you explore the building. Uncover the hidden history of gems and jewelry on the Gems Tour, or learn the role fashion has played in aristocracy and royalty with the Fashion Tour.
You can also explore the permanent collection from the perspective of Miguel de Cervantes's masterpiece with The Museum as a Reflection of El Quixote Tour, or enjoy a contemporary reading of concepts like gender, identity, and sexual orientation with the Inclusive Love Tour.
Las Terrazas del Thyssen, conveniently located right by the museum, is a great spot for an early evening cocktail!
- Cancellations are not possible for this ticket
- Changes are not possible for this ticket
- Show your smartphone ticket at the entrance
- Your ticket is valid for the whole day, so you can leave and re-enter the permanent collection
- If a special exhibition is on, you'll also select a timeslot to visit it