Tickets for Museo Nacional Thyssen-Bornemisza Madrid
A privately collected paradise for art lovers
- One of the most extraordinary - and largest - private art collections in the world
- Part of the 'Golden Triangle of Art', along with the Prado and the Reina Sofia
- Take an exciting themed audio tour to learn about fashion or jewellery through the ages as you explore!
Make time in Madrid to see a collection of art and then silently thank German-Hungarian industrialist Baron Heinrich Thyssen-Bornemisza de Kászon, for making art collecting his hobby. Themed audio tours make this a rare and informative arty treat!
The name may be hard to pronounce, but don't let that stop you from making your way to the Museo Nacional Thyssen-Bornemisza. It's one of the most extraordinary - and largest - private art collections in the world.
Many of the big names are here, sometimes represented by just one painting. Start the top floor and work your way down. Travel through history from medieval art on the second floor through Impressionism, Post-Impressionism, and Expressionism on the first floor, all the way to Pop Art and avant-garde on the ground floor.
Book a themed audio tour
New, themed audio tours mean you can choose what you learn about as you explore the museum. See the permanent collection with the history of gems and jewelry explained on the Gems Tour, or learn the role fashion has played in aristocracy and royalty with the Fashion Tour.
You can also explore the permanent collection from the perspective of Miguel de Cervantes's masterpiece with The Museum as a Reflection of El Quixote Tour, or enjoy a contemporary reading of concepts like gender, identity, and sexual orientation with the Inclusive Love Tour.
- Access to the permanent collection
- Access to temporary exhibitions
Show your smartphone voucher at the desk marked as 'Acreditación Venta Online y Telefónica', located on your left-hand side as you enter the museum. You'll receive a paper ticket for the permanent collection and the first available timeslot for the temporary exhibition.
Cancellations are not possible for this ticket.
- Metro: Line 2 to Banco de España
- Bus: Lines 1, 2, 5, 9, 10, 14, 15, 20, 27, 34, 37, 41, 51, 52, 53, 74, 146 or 150
- Train: Any line to Atocha
In summer months the restaurant El Mirador opens on the top floor terrace. It's a great spot for an early evening cocktail!