- Walk across the fabled sand where bull and fighter face off
- Explore the stands where the adoring public watches and spot the President’s Balcony and the beautiful Royal Box.
- Admire the neo-Moorish architecture and try to spot the ceramic heraldic crests of all 50 Spanish provinces that adorn the arena
Las Ventas is the national home of Spain’s most traditional pastime, the toreo. This tour allows you to explore the storied arena at your own pace (with the help of an audio guide) and understand the rituals and pageantry that have enthralled a nation for generations.
You’ll begin at the Puerta Grande and immediately begin to understand the sway that bullfighting has held over the Spanish public. It’s covered in plaques and tributes that tell the story of past glories and inspire matadors from all over Spain and beyond.
From there you’ll make your way to the tendidios – the stands where the adoring public witnesses the action. You’ll take in the full scope of the neo-Moorish arena, including the Royal Box and the President’s Balcony. On a hot day you’ll understand why the shaded parts go for a premium!
After that, you’ll descend to the most important part: the ring. You’ll walk across the sand where bull and fighter meet. Behold the stadium from this vantage point and understand the adulation that greets a successful matador. Alternatively, imagine the gasps of 24,000 people when the horns of a bull meet the torso of a torero.
From there you’ll make your way into the secret depths of the arena and explore the gates, corrals and chiqueros (bull pens) from where the bulls emerge. You’ll see things from their point of view and also visit the infirmary corridor. No bullfighter ever wants to visit here, but they all will at some point.
You won't see any bullfights during the tour and the visit appeals to those who enjoy getting to the heart of Spanish culture and customs.
- No need to print, just show the ticket at the entrance on your mobile phone.
- Every Sunday from March - October there will be bullfights, so this venue will be opened from 10:00 - 15:00
- Address: Calle Alcalá, 237 – 28028 Madrid
- Subway: L2, stop Ventas
- Bus: 12, 21, 38, 53, 106, 110, 146