Tickets for Fort Sint Pieter
Explore a historical fort with a guide and find out about Maastricht under seige
- Explore the numerous corridors and chambers under the castle with your guide
- Find out more about when Maastricht came under siege by Louis XIV in 1673
- Stay and walk the many trails from the hilltop and soak up amazing views from the hill
Step back to times of siege in Maastricht as you explore Fort Sint Pieter with a guide. Find out why this old fort was built in the 15th century, soak up the views from the top of the hill and head underground in the cool tunnels that connect it to the Sint-Pietersberg!
The fortified city of Maastricht has seen a lot of action over the centuries. When the city, and the whole of Holland, was put under siege by Louis XIV following a commercial dispute in 1673, Fort St. Pieter was built high on a hill to help protect the Sint-Pietersberg.
The two are connected by some very clever tunnels, and you're about to explore them with a guide - plus the nooks and crannies of the fort.
Learn about the workings of the fort over the centuries as you walk around the different levels. Imagine the cannons blasting from the places where plant life now grows, and see the parts still intact from 1700!
Stay and explore the trails through the woods and fields atop the hill and be wowed by the views.
A fascinating tour for anyone interested in the history of Maastricht.
- Guided tour of the fortress ( 2 groups: Dutch / English)
- Other activities at the Maastricht Underground
Cancellations are not possible for this ticket.
- On foot: 20-25 minutes walking from the Maastricht Visitor Center (tourist office) in the city center (Kleine Straat 1, Maastricht)
- Bus: line 9 toward St Pieter, alight at the second stop on "Mergelweg, St Pietersberg". On Sundays, bus 9 is dial-a-bus