Tickets for Coal Mine Valkenburg
Take an underground adventure into the world of mining
- Start your introduction to the world of the mining in a subterranean cinema designed to look like a mine
- Watch a special movie from the mid-1960s documenting the flourishing mining industry in Limburg at the time
- Join your guide and see how the special machines were used to extract coal on an amazing underground adventure
The life of a coal miner is a tough and dirty job but someone has to do it. Journey back in time at Steenkolenmijn (aka the Coal Mine Valkenburg) with a Dutch guide, see how coal mining machines worked, and find out if you'd have been suited to a life underground.
Watch a film in a subterranean cinema designed to look like a mine! Learn about the mining industry thanks to a film from the mid-1960s, then join your Dutch speaking guide for an underground adventure at south Limburg's Steenkolenmijn.
All guides at Steenkolenmijn (aka the Coal Mine Valkenburg) are former mine workers, were raised in mining families, or have some other kind of connection with the mining world, and they have some pretty exciting stories to tell!
Let your host take you back in time and even show you how their special machines were used to extract coal.
- Entrance to the mine
- Guided tour
- Go to the box office and join the first available tour
- 1 April - 1 November: Tours daily between 10:00 and 17:00. Tours start on the hour, at least 1 tour per hour
- Summer: the last guaranteed tour is at 16:00
- 1 November - Christmas school holidays: Tours at 11:00, 12:00, 13:00, 14:00, 15:00
- End of the Christmas school holidays - 30 March: Monday - Friday at 14:00, Saturday + Sunday + school spring holidays at 12:00, 13:00, 14:00, 15:00
Cancellations are not possible for this ticket.