Tickets for The Queen's Gallery, Buckingham Palace
Visit The Queen's Gallery and treat yourself to some royally approved artwork
- Visit The Queen’s Gallery, opened by Her Majesty The Queen in May 2002 as part of the Golden Jubilee celebrations
- Soak up the royal English splendor and enjoy an audio tour of the Gallery's current exhibition, including special insights and commentary from Royal Collection Trust experts
- See some of the world's finest paintings, drawings and decorative arts, from the Royal Collection
Step through the pillared portico and right into The Queen’s Gallery. This public art gallery is part of Buckingham Palace and thus a pretty special place to view some (royally approved) artwork! The latest exhibition Charles II: Art & Power celebrates the opulence of the Stuart court, and explores the role of the arts in the re-establishment of the monarchy.
After a decade of austerity under the rule of Oliver Cromwell, Charles II was eager to return the royal courts to their former splendor, commissioning countless artworks and decorations that glorified and legitimized the monarchy.
The highlight of the new exhibition is John Michael Wright's larger-than-life portrait of Charles II in coronation robes and the real silver plate which sat on the high altar of Westminster Abbey during Charles's coronation.
You'll also see paintings by the old masters, rich tapestries, and a spectacular collection of silver-gilt furniture which would have sparkled throughout the Stuart court.
Don't forget your free multimedia guide for special insights and commentary from Royal Collection Trust experts!
- Entrance to the museum
- Multimedia guide in English
- Entrance to other parts of Buckingham Palace
Cancellations are not possible for this ticket.
- Metro: Victoria, Green Park, or Hyde Park Corner stations + about 500m walking
- Bus: Lines 11, 211, C1 or C10 to Buckingham Palace Road + about 500m walking
- Coach: Victoria Coach Station + about 500m walking
- Train: Victoria Station + about 500m walking
Excellent Gallery with superb facilities.