- Send a secret message to a friend (or stranger) and watch your messages whizz overhead with the pneumatic deliveries system
- Learn the secrets of the postal service, hear some crazy stories from mailmen, and see vintage stamps and posters
- Have the tissues handy when you read the forgotten letters recovered from a shipwreck
Before pinging inboxes and text messages, people actually had to wait for a mailman to deliver their news. Get back to communication basics at London's Postal Museum. Uncover the story of the postal system and even see letters recovered from a shipwreck!
From five-wheeled cycles and rockets to an escaped lioness, the story of the postal service features more surprises than an accidental text message sent to your dad, instead of your current lover (oops!).
See a restored mail coach that once thundered across the country. Get up close to the Penny Black, the world's first postage stamp. Send anonymous messages to a friend (or stranger) through pneumatic tubes, and see a horde of unread love letters recovered from maritime misfortune.
Explore one of London's hidden gems, the Mail Rail - a 100-year-old subterranean network of tunnels now open to the public as a 15-minute miniature train ride.
Forget what you think you know about the post and get ready for a surprise or two!
- Your chosen timeslot is for the ride on the Mail Rail underground train
- Please arrive at least 30 minutes earlier to have time to enter and to get to the ride
- You can visit the museum before your timeslot or after at your leisure
- You can upgrade your ticket to an annual ticket on the day of your visit for £2.00 per person
- Cancellations are not possible for this ticket
- Changes are not possible for this ticket