- Learn the backstory to some of the most famous works of art in the world
- Get up close to paintings by Van Gogh, Rembrandt, Turner, Degas and others
- Pick the brain of your art-historian guide on a one-hour tour
As the staff at the National Gallery know only too well, you could spend days being seduced by its masterpieces.
Unfortunately that's not realistic for even the most impassioned art lover, so this one-hour guided tour is the perfect lead-in to your visit — whether or not you know your Caravaggio from your Canaletto.
Of course you know Van Gogh ended up short of an ear. But are you aware of how he lost it, and of the alternate theories surrounding this most peculiar example of self-surgery? These are the sorts of fascinating insights and details the tour is brushed with, as you enjoy famous favourites from the likes of Botticelli, Michelangelo, Velázquez and Monet.
Follow your art-historian guide as they lead you on a short and sweet introduction to the Gallery's collection that's laced with knowledge, context and humorous anecdotes aplenty.
- Show your smartphone ticket to your guide at the meeting point, the Edith Cavell Memorial
- The group leaves at 13:30, make sure to be at the meeting point 15 minutes before that. Latecomers can't be waited for and no refunds or reschedules are possible in this case
- Cancellations are possible up to 72 hours before your visit date
- Changes may be possible for this ticket