Tickets for The Kia Oval: Guided Stadium Tour
Explore the history of one of cricket's oldest venues
- See the Oval like never before, from right down on the grass to the panoramic commentary box overlooking the stadium
- Learn all about the meticulous upkeep of the grounds and the painstaking processes involved in building and maintaining traditional cricket equipment
- Uncover the grounds' rich history, explore the club museum, and relax in the magnificent Members' Pavilion
Take a tour of The Kia Oval, one of the oldest and most prestigious cricket grounds in the world. You'll get unprecedented access to the hallowed grounds – see the pitch at ground level, follow your heroes' footsteps in the changing rooms, and even step into the commentary box. Listen closely and you can hear the echo of willow on leather!
Accompanied by a knowledgeable guide, this 90-minute tour uncovers the rich history of these historic grounds, from their initial construction in 1845 right through to their present-day use, hosting major tournaments such as Test match specials and the Ashes.
You won't want to miss this opportunity to feel the hallowed turf under your feet for yourself and learn about the incredible efforts that keep the grass so pristine – who knew gardening was so exciting? You'll then get to take in the spectacular stadium from the famous Peter May stand and learn about the careful construction of cricket equipment, before stepping into the real changing rooms where thousands of sporting legends have prepared to do battle!
Rounding off the tour, you can take time to enjoy memorabilia from past and present in the club museum before relaxing with tea and coffee in the Members' Pavilion. More to see and do than you can shake a wicket at – howzat!
- Entrance to the stadium
- 90-minute guided tour
- Access to the changing rooms, the Members' Pavilion, and the Committee Room
- Learn how cricket equipment is made
- Skyline view of London from the roof terrace
- Tea or coffee on arrival
- Show your smartphone ticket at the entrance on John Edrich Gate (Oval underground stop side) at least 15 minutes prior to the start of your tour. You will then be directed to the Pavilion Reception
- The tour starts at 11:00!
Cancellations are possible up to 72 hours before your visit date.
- Metro: Northern Line to Oval Station
- Bus: Lines 36, 185, or 436 to Archbishop Tenison's School
It's not all about cricket! The Oval has hosted countless major sporting events, including England's first international football match in 1870!