Tickets for The Great British Seaside Photo Exhibition
Celebrate the glorious British seaside in this charming photography exhibition
- See works from Britain's best photographers in the National Maritime Museum's latest exhibition
- Escape London and learn all about the quintessentially British tradition of holidaying by the seaside
- See the changing face of Britain, in an exhibition which looks from the 1960s right up to the present day
Celebrate all things British as you take a photographic trip to the seaside with this new exhibition! Showcasing works from some of Britain's best-known photographers, the National Maritime Museum explores the nation's timeless love affair with its coastlines. You'll practically feel the sea air, smell the fish and chips, and hear the honk of seagulls!
While they once conveyed a sense of glamor and escapism, seaside towns are now better known for their kitsch and campy fun – a relic of times gone by.
With over 100 works by celebrated photographers like Martin Parr, Tony Ray-Jones, David Hurn and Simon Roberts, The National Maritime Museum's latest exhibition celebrates the history of British holidaymaking, from the 1960s to the present.
It's a fascinating insight into the changing face of Britain, mixing contemporary photography with eye-opening archive materials and news footage.
Cancellations are not possible for this ticket.
- Light rail: DLR to Cutty Sark for National Maritime Museum
- Metro: Southeastern to Greenwich or Maze Hill
- Ferry to Greenwich Pier
Before the days of affordable travel, a trip to the beaches would be a yearly vacation for many Brits.