- Tour the British Museum with a guide and uncover the highlights of the largest museum in the UK
- Witness the Rosetta Stone up close and find out why it was the key to deciphering the Ancient Egyptian language
- See some of the museum's 140 mummies and coffins, including the 3,500-year-old tomb of a ruling pharaoh
There are eight million artifacts in the British Museum's unbelievable collection, making this enormous museum a London must-see. Join a guide and get an in-depth tour as you find out what makes the highlights so special. See the Rosetta Stone, Egyptian mummies, and stand in the museum's Great Court – the largest covered square in Europe.
The British Museum is the perfect place for a bit of treasure hunting! Your expert guide will take you on a tour through some of the museum's most incredible objects, which represent human history, achievement, culture and art across almost two million years.
See the incredible Rosetta Stone. Dating from 196 BC, this mysterious item contains three different scripts and was the key to helping modern scholars translate Egyptian hieroglyphics.
Witness the original Greek sculptures from the facade of the Parthenon in Athens, a 2,500-year-old temple dedicated to the Greek goddess Athena. See the Lapiths and Centaurs in their eternal battle, then check out the mummies. Nubkheperre Intef rests here, after ruling in Egypt's 17th dynasty around 1600 BC.
There's so much to uncover, and after your tour you're free to stay inside and carry on exploring!
- Show your smartphone ticket to the guide at the meeting point, outside the group entrance of the British Museum on Montague Place
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes before departure time at 11:00. No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no-shows after tour commencement
- Cancellations are possible up to 72 hours before your visit date
- Changes may be possible for this ticket