- Marvel at the exceptional Painted Hall, the jewel of Greenwich's Old Royal Naval College
- Use an interactive guide to learn the history of Sir James Thornhill's masterpiece and meet its gods and heroes
- Search the Hall's treasure chest to wield King Louis XIV's broken sword and wear King William's cloak
It's not often you get to visit the birthplace of an English king, let alone world-famous husband Henry VIII, but the stunning walls and ceiling inside the Old Royal Naval College are actually a much bigger draw than Old Coppernose.
After extensive renovation, the Painted Hall goes some way to justifying its billing as the Sistine Chapel of the UK. Enjoy an interactive guide to the Hall, get hands on with objects inspired by its history, plus gain access to the fascinating Sackler Gallery.
Interactive guides allow you to experience the unique history of the Painted Hall and the intriguing stories within the Sackler Gallery, where you'll discover how Sir James Thornhill created the now world-famous Hall, and meet the many characters, including gods and heroes, depicted on the ceiling.
It's a fun-for-all experience, and you're encouraged to interact with the replica artifacts on display. Throw on King William's cloak, brave a staring contest with the Medusa on Athena's shield and knight your friends with King Louis XIV's broken sword.
- Cancellations are possible up to 24 hours before your visit date
- Changes are not possible for this ticket