Tickets for London Zoo
750 species and over 17,000 animals in the world’s oldest scientific zoo
- Visit the world’s oldest scientific zoo. Dating back to 1828, it’s now host to over 750 species and you’ll find over 17,000 animals to admire and ogle
- Visit Gorilla Kingdom and see Kumbuka and his family of silverback gorillas at close quarters. They have their own island, gym, and African rainforest (seriously!)
- See ten listed buildings considered of special architectural or historic interest, and join the new Dinosaur-themed time travel safari
London Zoo is perhaps the most famous zoo in the whole world. Built by Victorian gentlemen with names like Sir Stamford Raffles and Decimus Burton, it’s been an important part of London life for almost 200 years. Today you’ll be able to take in over 750 species of animals while walking through its historic buildings and grounds.
The London Zoo has undergone a transformation in the past few years. From its Victorian-era 'animal park' origins, it's now a conservation-minded institution that puts you right in the heart of untamed action.
Charismatic lowland gorillas, prehistoric komodo dragons and Galapagos turtles, mighty lions and tigers... all the big-ticket creatures are on display here. But that's not all, Reptile House, the Aquarium, Penguin Beach and more will round out your day with plenty of animal sightings.
And for the bug lovers, the zoo features a Butterfly Paradise filled with the large and loveable winged creatures. It even has an In With The Spiders exhibit (which strives to persuade you that arachnids are adorable). If the thought of spending time with spiders on purpose sounds ridiculous, visit the two Pygmy Hippos. Everyone agrees that Thug and Nicky are delightful.
- Skip-the-line access (if you choose this option during checkout)
Cancellations are not possible for this ticket.
- Metro: Any metro to Camden Town or Regent's Park
- Bus: 274 to Ormonde Terrace or C2 Gloucester Gate
The gorilla colony was blessed with a new addition in 2014, a baby girl named Alika (which means beautiful). She joins the other two females in the group, and the family continues to thrive
The fact that this zoo is nestled within a gorgeous park in the middle of a city is incredible as we felt we were miles away from anywhere-the Gir Lion exhibit was great and we spent over an hour just sitting watching the giraffes in the giraffe house-magical.