- Join a small group and explore the Churchill War Rooms, where you'll find out what life was like in London during World War II
- Listen to fascinating historic tales as you pass by the Houses of Parliament, No. 10 Downing Street, Westminster Abbey, Big Ben, and more
- Engage with interactive displays at the Churchill Museum, from video excerpts and original radio broadcasts to newspaper articles and testimonials
World War II was tough on London's population. Rations were scarce and Nazi bombings tore families apart. Leader Winston Churchill battened down the hatches and planned the British war effort in a secret hidden bunker, now known as the Churchill War Rooms.
Join a small group for this in-depth tour of the Churchill War Rooms and Westminster, see some of the city landmarks, and learn the history of life in London during wartime.
Begin with a walking tour of Westminster. Explore British politics at 10 Downing Street, see Westminster Abbey, the world's most famous clock at Big Ben, the Houses of Parliament, and the Cenotaph – the national monument for victims of war.
Afterwards, step inside and feel history spring to life as you explore the War Rooms, complete with original features like made-up beds, special sun lamps for vitamin D, pots, plants, and plans to bring down the Nazi regime.
Learn what life was like in London during World War II, thanks to detailed stories from your guide and interactive exhibits in the Churchill Museum. You'll come away knowing more about London's political past than you might have learned at school - there's nothing like seeing it with your own eyes to make it all sink in.
- Show your smartphone ticket to your guide at the meeting point, outside Westminster Underground Station, Exit 2 towards Victoria Embankment
- The group will be meeting at the top of the stairs behind the statue of Boadicea on a chariot
- City Wonders staff will be wearing blue polo shirts or jackets and holding a sign with the tour name
- Please arrive 15 minutes before the starting time
- Cancellations are possible up to 24 hours before your visit date
- Changes may be possible for this ticket