- Take the hassle out of your trip with a guide and special timed entry to Buckingham Palace
- Watch the Changing of the Guard and see the soldiers in their red tunics and tall black bearskin hats
- Enjoy a traditional British afternoon tea, including finger sandwiches, scones and (of course) tea
This royal tour includes all the British culture and tradition we can think of – even afternoon tea! See the Changing of the Guard, get special timed access to Buckingham Palace (only open for just over two months a year) and enjoy your tea and cake with lashings of jam. So English it hurts!
Watch the Changing of the Guard from a prime position. Witness the stern soldiers dressed in their red jackets and fluffy black hats, and see the Palace Guards marching along with their sleek horses. It's quite a show!
Then it's on to the highlight of the day – Buckingham Palace. The State Rooms, used for entertaining, are only open to the public in the summer months, so this is a rare chance to snoop inside of a living, working home for Britain's monarchy.
Every year, one of the State Rooms hosts a special exhibition. See what this year has on offer and admire the opulence of the rest of the palace. Your audio guide will fill you in on the history of this not so humble abode, while you take in the oldest parts of the palace. Some date back to the early 1700s, but they blend rather well with the modern touches.
Moving on, treat your ears to more royal stories from your guide, while you walk to your next location. With a head full of royal weddings and banquets, it's time for a feast of your own. Your traditional afternoon tea includes freshly baked scones with cream and jam – and traditional finger sandwiches.
- Show your smartphone ticket to the guide at the meeting point, in front of the Duke of York Column
- City Wonders guides will be wearing blue polo shirts or jackets and holding a sign with the tour name
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your selected departure time
- You might have to queue at the security check
- Cancellations are possible up to 24 hours before your visit date
- Changes may be possible for this ticket