- Skip the line and enjoy your all-access pass to the Queluz National Palace, where you can relive the opulence of beauty of 18th-century Portuguese royalty!
- Explore the stunning gardens and discover their many secrets, with maze-like walkways and a glittering tiled canal
- The grounds also house the National School of Equestrian Art, which practices and preserves the traditional style of Portuguese horseriding
Travel back in time and immerse yourself in the rich history of this ornate palace and garden. Known as Portugal's answer to Versailles, it was originally designed as a summer residence for the royal family, before King Pedro III transformed it into a full-fledged palace. Skip the lines and discover for yourself the majesty of the 18th-century aristocracy!
With the discovery (theft) of Brazilian gold in 1690, the Portuguese royal family was feeling pretty flush. The National Palace and Gardens of Queluz are a perfect example of the opulence and splendor of this period. Described as "a very expensive birthday cake," the palace and its gardens are an exercise in excess, mixing Baroque, Rococo and Neo-Classical styles to stunning effect.
A site of grand celebration and festivities, it was designed to be the perfect synthesis of landscape and architecture. When you step inside the stately interior, you'll understand why - as the star-shaped garden design is echoed throughout the palace.
And if you want to feel your jaw drop even further, check out the glorious 'tiled canal'. This extended artificial lake is decorated with thousands of glazed tiles, depicting scenes of Portuguese legends and victory. Not exactly subtle, those Portuguese royals.
- Cancellations are not possible for this ticket
- Changes are possible for this ticket
Train: Monte Abraão and Queluz-Belas stations. The palace is roughly one kilometer from the stations.
Free hop-on hop-off service:
There's a free hop-on hop-off service available in the gardens. Simply show your entrance ticket and hop on!
The many statues depict tongue-in-cheek interpretations of classical mythology - see if you can spot them all!
Very nice and preserved palace with interior staff. If you like royal living in the past it is a must! 👍🏼👍🏼🥰
We spent several hours there and were really impressed with both the palace and the gardens. We had a well prepared lunch at the cafe and the cafe staff were very friendly. Altogether a lovely day out.