Go to the office of the tour operator Catours, located at the Solarium shopping mall across Liberia International Airport (look out for the Catours sign), and present your smartphone voucher. Make sure to be on time!
- Cancellations are possible up to 24 hours before your visit date
- Changes are possible for this ticket
- Enter the beautiful and tranquil Santa Rosa National Park, which protects some of the last remaining tropical dry forest in the world
- Take a tour of Liberia: a popular spot for shopping, dining, and soaking up the authentic post-colonial atmosphere
- Learn about the battle against the North American filibusters who came from Nicaragua, led by William Walker
Santa Rosa National Park contains one of the last remaining tropical dry forests on earth, which makes this a very special (not to mention beautiful) place. Join your knowledgeable guide and get the history on Costa Rica's colonial architecture and characters. See animals and birds, learn about important battles, and try some authentic Costa Rican coffee!
The park was established to protect the site of the Battle of Santa Rosa in 1856. Step into history and the home of over 100 species of mammal, from howler monkeys to white-tailed deer, plus hundreds of birds and some very rare turtles.
Enter La Casona, an old hacienda building, which commemorates the fallen war heroes from the battle against the North American filibusters, led by William Walker. Your guide will fill you in on how Walker tried and failed to convert all of Central America into slaving territory, plus tell you some other fascinating stories about the region.
Explore the military history of Costa Rica, then experience the cultural atmosphere of Liberia, also known as the 'white city', on a guided tour. Do a bit of cheeky shopping in the souvenir and gift shops, or find out where the locals drink the best coffee in town! Hint: it's not Costa.