Show your smartphone ticket at the entrance. Please make sure to be on time for your chosen timeslot!
- Cancellations are possible up to 24 hours before your visit date
- Changes are not possible for this ticket
- Savor Japanese culture as well as some delicious tea in a traditional Kyoto townhouse
- Learn the heart of Japanese hospitality through a traditional tea ceremony
- Enjoy the event in a casual kimono – a fun and authentic local experience
You might look quite beguiling in a kimono, and even if you don't, you should still take a photo to prove you got to the heart of traditional Japanese culture! Pull on your kimono, take a seat on the tatami floor, and learn about the ancient ritual of the tea ceremony in a traditional Kyoto townhouse.
The casual kimono you'll slip on is the kind that can be worn on any occasion, at any place, except at some formal events. Do a little twirl and get used to your new look, you'll be wearing it throughout this whole experience!
When you step into a traditional Kyoto townhouse with your gracious hosts, let the tranquility wash over you, and gain a whole new appreciation for the ancient Japanese art of the tea ceremony.
The Way of Tea is designed to immerse you in different elements of Japanese culture. You'll learn how tea ceremonies have been performed for centuries... but be warned. You might get so used to your comfy kimono that you'll head straight out and buy one!
The venue is located a 5-minute walking distance from Subway Karasuma Oike Stn, Exit No.7.