- Explore a rotating series of exhibitions and displays based around the history, thoughts, and culture of Buddhism
- Get up close to a beautiful restoration of the Bezeklik Cave Temples, an ancient cave complex full of Buddhist artwork
- Watch moving and educational films in the top-floor cinema, and make sure to watch till the end – the screen retracts into the ceiling, revealing an incredible view of the adjacent Nishi Hongwanji Temple, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
This temporary exhibition features a collection of historical Japanese naïve art, from scrolls and illustrations to statues and folding screens. In contrast to high-class work created by professional artists, only accessible to society's wealthiest members, these examples of folk art show how common people enjoyed and interacted with art on a daily basis.
Enjoy the series exhibition which explores the roots, teachings, and history of Buddhism in an easy to understand manner through fascinating statues and documents. Or see the focus exhibition and special exhibition, based around themes relating to Buddhism. All are temporary exhibitions available for a limited time.
Your ticket also includes access to the Bezeklik Cave Temples restoration exhibition; a beautiful glimpse into what many consider as the high point of Uyghur Buddhist art.
Please show your smartphone ticket at the ticket desk located on the B1 Floor of the building.
- Cancellations are possible up to 24 hours before your visit date
- Changes are possible for this ticket