- Elevate yourself to the highest man-made lookout in Kyoto for panoramic views
- Gaze out at the ancient city's famous landmarks with the aid of free telescopes
- Use interactive touch panels to help you spot points of interest on the ground below
It's hard to miss the giant, lighthouse-style structure that is Kyoto Tower, as it pierces the sky high above the city's tranquil temples and historic landmarks.
The tower adds a dash of relative modernity to Kyoto's melting-pot of ancient culture. Plus, there's no finer view in the city than from its 100-meter-high observation deck. Take in panoramic views (you can see as far as Osaka on a clear day) and put your eye to free telescopes around the deck.
Please show your smartphone ticket at the reception (Kyoto Tower 11th floor).
- Cancellations are not possible for this ticket
- Changes are possible for this ticket
Aim to get to the tower just before golden hour. As the sun disappears behind the city's surrounding mountains Kyoto is quite the sight, temporarily doused in a fiery orange hue. Hopefully the weather plays ball on the day you choose to go!