- Add some culture to your Japanese vacation with an introduction to the history and etiquette surrounding tea
- Watch an authentic tea ceremony performance in the Camellia Flower tearoom
- After the tea ceremony, enjoy your own bowl of frothy green Matcha
Observe an expert in the art of making and serving tea in Japan. Experience a traditional Japanese tea ceremony in English, learn the history of the craft, and even make and enjoy your own cup of frothy green Matcha.
Tea is to Japan what whiskey is to Ireland, only this national beverage is less likely to make you forget your afternoon!
Remember your time in Kyoto forever thanks to your hosts, who will welcome you into their traditional tearoom and teach you everything you've ever wanted to know about Japanese tea.
Why is it served the way it is? How did Japanese culture evolve around it? How many kinds of tea are there?
Learn the facts at your session on Ninenzaka in the heart of Higashiyama (a beautiful old area of Kyoto), relax as you observe the tea ceremony, then make your own bowl of frothy Matcha.
- Show your smartphone ticket at the entrance
- Please arrive 5 minutes before the start of the session you booked. If you arrive late, you might not be able to enter the session
- Cancellations are not possible for this ticket
- Changes are not possible for this ticket
- Please note that children under 7 will not be served tea since Matcha has a high caffeine content
- The tea ceremony itself (10-15 min) is performed in silence, parents are kindly asked to stay in the waiting room with their small children if they are crying or fidgeting. After the ceremony part, they can rejoin the session
- Non-flash photography allowed (no video)
- Chairs available upon request
Want to wear a kimono to your tea ceremony? Yume-Kyoto is just a minute's walk from Camellia Flower. Have some fun choosing from over 200 kimonos in a wide variety of colours and designs.