Redeem your ticket by showing your smartphone voucher at one of the Discover Cracow redemption points:
- Plac Szczepański 8, open 06:00-20:00
- Plac Wolnica 13, open 06:00-20:00
- Cancellations are not possible for this ticket
- Changes are possible for this ticket
- See the most valuable painting in Poland - Lady with an Ermine - one of the few portraits painted by Leonardo da Vinci
- Marvel at the mysteries surrounding it, why is the background black? Why was the creature in her arms changed at the last minute?
- Your ticket includes entry to permanent exhibitions at the National Museum in Krakow
Poland's most valuable painting, Lady with an Ermine by Da Vinci, is also one of the most mysterious. Unravel the mysteries yourself when you get up close to it in Krakow. It's at the National Museum, and entry to the rest of the museum is included with this ticket.
Leonardo da Vinci painted just four portraits of women in his life. Mona Lisa is the most famous, but Lady with an Ermine is the one that raises the most eyebrows.
As the most valuable painting in Poland and officially the property of the Polish Nation, Lady with an Ermine is the 500-year old painted portrait of Cecilia Gallerani. Cecilia was a mere 15-years-old when she met the married Duke of Milan, Lodovico Sforza, who got her pregnant with his illegitimate son (gasp!)
Get up close and see Leonardo da Vinci's craftsmanship, the way he used a technique called 'catchlight' to highlight her eyes, and the shading on her neck that almost looks 3D. Also, do you notice anything funny about her hands? (Other than the fact that she's holding a weasel, we mean).
This entry ticket includes access to the permanent exhibitions in the National Museum in Krakow.
There is a paid underground car park in front of the Main Building.