- Make sure to arrive at the designated pick-up point, Plac Szczepański 8, at least 5 minutes before departure time
- Show your smartphone ticket to the tour guide
- Cancellations are possible up to 24 hours before your visit date
- Changes are possible for this ticket
- Take a round trip from Krakow and visit the somber memorial at Auschwitz-Birkenau, plus approximately 150 buildings and 300 ruins
- Learn the history and Holocaust facts from your expert local guide in the place where 1.5 million people perished
- Explore memorials and exhibits to help you understand the camp and what it was like to be a prisoner
The Auschwitz-Birkenau complex was established in 1940 and in operation for five years. In that time, 1.5 million people perished here. On this roundtrip from Krakow, you'll learn the facts as you tour the world's most famous concentration camp with a guide.
Auschwitz is probably the most famous concentration camp in the world and, while a trip here isn't going to top your 'fun' list, being this close to a dark chapter of history will leave you changed.
Board your air-conditioned bus in Krakow and watch a documentary en route. Once you're through the gate bearing the words Arbeit macht frei – "Work sets one free" - visit the somber memorial at Auschwitz-Birkenau and meet your guide for a tour.
You'll learn the harrowing facts of the Holocaust and everyday life of the prisoners as you tour Auschwitz I - the administrative center of Auschwitz death camp -, and Auschwitz II, designed and built for the gruesome purpose of extermination.
You'll wander approximately 150 buildings and 300 ruins, and see original roads, fences, watchtowers, and railway ramps, all of which paint an eye-opening picture of one of the world's biggest ever genocides.