Tickets for Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum: Roundtrip from Krakow + Live Guide
Two important WWII monuments, tour in Spanish or German
- Board a bus from Krakow and see the world famous concentration camp (now a UNESCO World Heritage Site), where over 1.5 million people perished
- Learn about Auschwitz's origins, its history and what life was like inside for prisoners
- Live a real-life history lesson and come away with a real understanding of what happened during the Holocaust
Board a bus in Krakow and head to Auschwitz-Birkenau, the world's most infamous death camp. This sobering but memorable must-see is a real life history lesson about the Holocaust. With your guide, you'll see where 1.5 million people perished during WWII. Explore roads, fences, railway ramps and buildings as you learn what life was really like for prisoners at Auschwitz.
A visit to Auschwitz isn't exactly the cheeriest thing you can do in Krakow, but it's one of those outings you simply must make. A visit here is to understand the Holocaust and its tragic repercussions. Think of it as a history lesson you couldn't have been taught any other way.
After watching an uncomfortably informative documentary on your comfortable bus ride from Krakow, you'll walk through the notorious gates with the inscription Arbeit macht frei – "Work sets you free".
With your local guide, you'll learn about life inside Auschwitz as you walk through roughly 150 buildings and 300 ruins. See original exhibits and documents and learn what happened during its terrifying five-year of operation, in which a staggering 1.5 million people from all over Europe were killed.
Auschwitz is now a UNESCO World Heritage Site, reminding us of the depths of depravity humankind is sadly capable of. Don't forget to keep breathing; there's a lot of tragedy to take in.
- Transport by bus Krakow-Auschwitz and back
- Entrance to Auschwitz Memorial and Museum
- Guided tour in Spanish or German
Please make sure to arrive at the designated pick-up point Plac Szczepański 8 at least 5 minutes before departure time and show your ticket to the tour guide.
- Train: All trains to Kraków Glowny train station. From there, it is a 15-minute walk to the pick-up point
- Bus: All buses to Kraków plac Jana Matejiki. From there it's a 10-minute walk