- Get a fresh flower lei greeting, a champagne toast, a 4-course meal at Gaylord’s Restaurant, and live Hawaiian music while you dine
- Enjoy premier seating at the show and settle back for a night of graceful hula dancers, traditional fire knife dancing, and flamboyant costumes
- Grab some souvenirs at the shops at Historic Kilohana Plantation - it's a top night out for all in Kauai
In Hawaiian, the name Kalamaku means "flaming torch", and refers to the passing of the torch from one generation to the next as they traveled from Tahiti to the island of Kauai. This Polynesian rite-de-passage will be acted out by the talented cast. And Luau? Well, it means feast, and you'll certainly dine well as you take in the spectacle.
Your fresh flower lei greeting and champagne toast will you give the first hint that you're somewhere special. You'll watch a torch-lighting, and Imu ceremony and possibly find your feet tapping along as the Tahitian rhythms take hold. Feel like a true VIP with the Luau Kalamaku VIP: Plantation Owner's Evening package.
Dinner is a four-course meal at Gaylord's restaurant with complimentary drinks before the show. And then to the big event itself. It's theatre, island-style.
Garbed in traditional costume, the cast draws on song, dance, fight, and poetry to play out the epic and ancient voyage from Tahiti to Hawaii. It's an origin tale if ever there was one, and the spectacle culminates with a fantastic fire dream featuring fire poi balls and traditional fire knife dancing.
The Luau Kalamaku Show is a hot Kauai highlight - emphasis on the hot!
- Show your smartphone ticket to the hostess at Gaylord's Restaurant
- Please be on time for your greeting and champagne toast at 17:15!
- Cancellations are not possible for this ticket
- Changes are not possible for this ticket
- 17:15-17:25: Greeting and champagne welcome
- 17:25-18:45: Gaylord’s signature dinner
- 18:45-19:05: Visit to the galleries and boutiques
- 19:05: Meeting in the foyer for a torchlit walk to the Luau Pavilion & your reserved table
- 19:30-20:30: Show
Menu sample (subject to change, vegetarian options available):
- First course: Shrimp and Scallop Springrolls or Pacific Blue Crab Cake
- Second course: Island Caprese or Local Field Green Salad
- Third course: Sesame Seed Seared Fresh Catch or Hoisin Glazed Pork Spare-ribs
- Dessert: Banana Cream Pie or Profiteroles, Vanilla Bean Ice Cream