- Avoid transport hassles with an easy morning bus from Amsterdam Sloterdijk, and come back in the early evening
- Experience nearly 50 attractions including wooden, steel, and water roller coasters, and a sprawling fairy tale forest
- The kids are spoiled here, with a host of gentle rides and attractions including spinning teapots, carousels, and more!
Have you ever wondered what it would be like to step into a story from the Brothers Grimm?
That's exactly what Efteling is. It's the Netherlands' answer to Disneyland, but with fascinating, fantastical folk tales which come to life in action-packed rides. Take a bus from Amsterdam Sloterdijk and be shuttled towards Efteling for an unforgettable day out.
Little ones could spend hours wandering the whimsical Sprookjesbos (fairytale forest) and enjoy family-friendly rides.
Originally opened in 1952, Efteling has grown into an attraction that rivals the world's best theme parks. Every ride, show, and attraction is based around a fairy tale or folklore. The park is incredibly immersive, with every structure, nook, and cranny designed to induce a suspension of disbelief.
You can't turn a corner without bumping into eerie faces on walls, bushes with hidden unicorns and goblins, and speakers humming fairy tale-like melodies into your ear. At Efteling, theater meets a theme park.
Strap on your fairy wings and enter an enchanted forest for a whimsical and sometimes dark flight into the fairy kingdom on Droomvlucht (dream world). Test your senses in a haunted, rotating house, and fall 40 meters head-first into the misty depths of a haunted mine in Baron 1898.
Old-school roller coaster enthusiasts can scream their lungs out on Joris en de Draak, a wooden racing coaster based on the legend of Saint George. As it reaches its max speed of 75 km/h, the wooden structure rattles and shakes – it just adds to the fun!
If you want more action, sail the seven seas on a doomed ship (which doubles as a spectacular water coaster) and get ready to be splashed!
You'll meet elves and trolls, unicorns, and forest animals along the way, but that's expected in Efteling, one of Europe's most visited theme parks.
- Look for FlixBus 811 going to Efteling and show your smartphone ticket to the bus driver
- Make sure to board the bus 15 minutes before departure. The bus won't wait for latecomers
- At Efteling, scan your smartphone ticket at the main entrance. Make sure to turn up the screen brightness and enlarge the ticket barcode to guarantee a smooth entry
- Return from Efteling is at 18:20 at the bus parking, near the public transport bus stops
- Cancellations are not possible for this ticket
- Changes are not possible for this ticket
It is possible to bring your own drinks and food, but you can't consume them in the park’s eateries and terraces.