- Get picked up from Izmir and taken to Ephesus and back in air-conditioned comfort
- Witness a host of ancient temples, and see the Virgin Mary's rumored resting place
- See fascinating relics and artifacts from ancient history with an expert local guide
Travel back to Roman times with a private tour of one of Turkey’s most impressive ancient cities, Ephesus. Soak up historic tales in Ephesus and St. Mary's House, and see the potential final resting place of the Virgin Mary. This UNESCO World Heritage site is a must-see for travelers interested in Turkey's ancient history.
During the 2nd century BC, Ephesus was the 4th biggest city in the eastern Roman Empire. Soak up the myths and stories surrounding this ancient place on the way from Izmir to Ephesus - it's filled with just as many legends as facts.
In Ephesus, your guide will walk and talk you through the Temple of Hadrian, one of the most famous monuments of the ancient city of Ephesus. Feel the history oozing from the towering marble pillars and symbolic sculptures, then move on to other ancient wonders like the Domitian Temple and the Fountain of Trajan, once a lavish symbol of this flourishing city's great wealth.
In the Great Theatre, witness a grand entertainment space that once held over 24,000 people, and stop for some Turkish lunch at a local restaurant.
At the House of Virgin Mary, stand where the world's most famous mother is said to rest. Take a look at the fascinating relics and artifacts at the Archaeological Museum of Ephesus before traveling back to Izmir.
- Show your smartphone ticket to your guide at the meeting point, the entrance of the Hilton hotel in Izmir
- The tour leaves at 09:00, make sure to board the bus on time. Latecomers can't be waited for
- Cancellations are possible up to 24 hours before your visit date
- Changes may be possible for this ticket