- Walk through a wonderland of glacial ice sculptures and experience the real magnificence of Iceland's natural landscapes
- Witness stunning scenery as far as the eye can see on Skaftafell, and get the lowdown on glacier life with your guide
- Feel completely safe with your experienced guide who will show you how to work your equipment, from crampons to ice axes
Got your crampons and ice axe in order? Make like an intrepid explorer and get (literally) stuck into Iceland's magnificent glaciers. Discover glacial ice sculptures, ice ridges and deep crevasses with this Blue Ice Experience in Skaftafell.
The amazing outlet glacier in Skaftafell is a mesmerizing sight from every angle, but it's even better when you're standing on it. Soak up those icy sights as you dig your crampons into a glacier that actually extends from the largest glacier in Europe – the mighty Vatnajökull.
Your certified and experienced glacier guide will show you how to use your equipment, but it's so easy that anyone in good physical condition can take this walk. While it might seem a bit scary at first, it's very safe, and you'll be fine once you get going. And the scenery goes on for miles!
Don't miss the opportunity to see this glacial wonderland in person.
- Please show your smartphone ticket to the staff at the Icelandic Mountain Guides Sales Lodge in Skaftafell, next to the National Park Visitor Center
- Make sure you check in at least 20 minutes before your booked starting time as you will get fitted with equipment and have the crampons adjusted to your shoes before the tour starts!
- Cancellations are possible up to 24 hours before your visit date
- Changes may be possible for this ticket