- See Alpine tundra, North America's tallest peak and an army of territorial creatures - including moose - in Denali National Park
- Get a tasty Alaskan snack in the back country and see if you can see Denali (formerly Mt. McKinley), visible on a clear day
- Visit the Stampede Trail, made famous by the best-selling novel Into The Wild
Test your wits in the wilds of the Denali Backcountry on this guided 4-wheel drive safari through the Alaskan bush! Bump along wilderness roads not shown on maps, learn about the area’s history and look out for wolves, moose and caribou reindeer!
Join your local guide and bump along roads less traveled on an off-road journey into Denali’s backcountry and onto the Stampede Trail.
This path was carved by early gold miners and found fame in 1996 thanks to the bestselling novel Into The Wild by Jon Krakauer.
Learn the history of the area as you jostle along roads that aren't even on the map! On a clear day you'll be able to view Denali (formerly Mt. McKinley) and who knows if the moose, caribou, bears and foxes who live here will sniff you out before you see them?
There's no need to forage on this tour. You'll get a hearty Alaskan snack to give you energy for the backcountry, before snaking your way back to civilization through the bush.
- Pickup from select hotels
- 4-wheel drive safari transport into Denali's backcountry
- Hearty Alaskan snack
- Morning tours: Brewed coffee
Show your smartphone ticket to your driver upon pickup. Pickup will be 30 minutes prior to the tour.
Cancellations are possible up to 72 hours before your visit date.