- Study the history of sea freight transport, with interesting information across 11 large display boards
- Explore emigration from Germany dating back to the 1930s in texts, pictures and graphics
- Walk around the ship and see the engine room, the cargo hatches, the bridge and more
In 1986, the last 'white swan of the South Atlantic' was rescued from a fatal blast in a furnace and brought to a safe haven in Hamburg. Now docked and functioning as a museum, MS Cap San Diego welcomes you on board to walk the decks, check out its 'cozy' rooms, and learn about the history of shipping and seafaring.
Take a tour through the boat's superstructure to the bridge. See the freight ship's mighty engine room, which would have been a frenzy of activity when this beast was on the ocean!
Check out the exhibitions in the cargo hatches for special insights into the history of shipping and all things related to the ocean.
If all the faux-sailing makes you hungry, there's an on-board bistro serving Hanseatic specialties. We bet the tired sailors would have liked this addition back in the ship's heyday!
Show your smartphone ticket at the entrance and have it scanned.
- Cancellations are not possible for this ticket
- Changes are not possible for this ticket