- Skip the lines and travel through the history of art across two expansive wings
- Explore a collection of work by the German Romantics and intricate works by the Nazarenes
- Stop for a coffee in Café Liebermann or have lunch at 'The Cube', a modern cafe and restaurant with lake views
This huge art museum has something for every art lover, and even those not accustomed to admiring art may well become a fan. Start in the 14th century and browse your way through to the modern day in spacious, well-designed galleries.
Skip the line and get ready for a walk through the history of art, featuring a wealth of modern art and some excellent changing exhibitions.
In the contemporary art wing, resembling a cube in design, browse the impressive Kunst der Gegenwart collection, take a seat on the big square sofa, or lay back and admire the geometric patterns on the ceiling.
Stay a while in the Casper David Friedrich room, take a walk through 16th-century German life as portrayed by paintings, and discover new artists and pieces you might not have discovered anywhere else.
Don't wait for a rainy day to visit the sprawling and highly inspiring Hamburger Kunsthalle!
Go directly to the entrance and have your smartphone ticket scanned.
- Cancellations are possible up to 24 hours before your visit date
- Changes are possible for this ticket
Hamburger Kunsthalle has only one QR scanner and it’s at the cashier’s desk, so there was a bit of confusion in validating the tickets—but it still saved us some time versus standing in line to buy tickets at the counter.