- Show your smartphone ticket to the guide at the meeting point, on the southeast corner of Port Chilkoot in Haines
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes before departure time
- You need to sign a liability waiver upon arrival
- Cancellations are possible up to 24 hours before your visit date
- Changes may be possible for this ticket
- Enjoy a half-day trip from Haines into the Alaskan wilderness, including a tour of the historic Fort Seward
- Spend 90 minutes canoeing in the serene Chilkoot River Valley as your expert guide shares their local knowledge
- Enjoy beautiful views on the lake before a tasty picnic lunch at a private ocean beach location nearby
There are few places on Earth more ideal for a relaxing canoe trip than Alaska's Chilkoot River Valley. This half-day foray into the North American wilderness begins with an insightful tour of the historic Fort Seward, before 90 minutes of magic on the lake.
After gearing up and taking a quick safety briefing, soak up an unspoiled atmosphere as you paddle to inlets, coves, salmon spawning streams and numerous waterfalls which pour off the Chilkoot mountains.
Your expert guide will impart their knowledge of local flora and fauna as you try to spot elusive bears, bald eagles and moose, before taking a well-earned beachside lunch to end the trip.
- It is the guests' responsibility to determine that they are physically and mentally able to participate in the activity
- Wildlife sightings are not guaranteed
- Picnic-style lunch includes sandwich, chips and cookies (vegetarian options available)
- Paddling is optional and each boat is equipped with a quiet 4-stroke outboard motor