- Get a more intimate experience of Haarlem with explanations from a live guide, as well as an audio guide in several languages
- Learn the history of Haarlem, including fun facts about its river and canals - why are they star-shaped? Find out!
- In good weather, get better photos from an open boat
Historic Haarlem is a wonder to behold on foot, but from the waters of the river Spaarne it's pure magic. Board a special cruise boat and let your local skipper guide you through the city's history. See bridges, windmills, charming townhouses and - in nice weather - an open boat.
On this 50-minute mini cruise, departing from the Boothuys opposite the famous Teylers Museum, you'll glide through tree-lined canals with an experienced skipper, who'll share his expertise on all of Haarlem's quirks and old-city charms.
See windmills, bridges and towering townhouses while you learn about the modern-day use of canals that were dug in the Middle Ages, originally intended to protect the city from its enemies. Curious as to why Haarlem's canals are patterned in a star shape? Your skipper has the scoop!
When the weather's nice the boat will be completely open, allowing for even better photos!
Scan your smartphone ticket at the boat.
- Cancellations are possible up to 24 hours before your visit date
- Changes are possible for this ticket
- Trains from Amsterdam Centraal or Amsterdam Sloterdijk to Haarlem station
- Buses: line 80 from Elandsgracht bus station