- Find out all about the tequila fermentation process from an expert tequila connoisseur
- Tip back a few tequilas in a special tasting at the oldest factory in Latin America, La Rojeña
- Learn the indigenous origins of this famous national drink - it's more than just a tasty beverage
Tequila: the drink that makes a margarita so delicious. It's pretty darn tasty on its own, too. Get collected from Guadalajara and whisked to a tequila distillery for a guided tour, plus the full lowdown on the fermentation process and a tasting or three!
Where better to learn the ins and outs of tequila than in the land it comes from?
Join your tequila-loving guide for a tour of the famed agave fields known as 'the Buenos Aires of Mundo Cuervo'! Learn the tools and rules of harvesting the agave plants from a jimador - a Mexican farmer whose sole job is to harvest agave plants. Someone has to make sure your tequila starts off right!
In Tequila (the town not the drink - wait your turn!), you'll learn the tequila-making process at the oldest factory in Latin America, La Rojeña. Taste tequila made from cooked agave, and then try the finished stuff from the bottle. A tour through their tequila-making facility is a tour to remember... or forget, if you drink too much. No judgement here.
With free time in the town of Tequila before heading back, opt for a meal in the Cleofas Mota market, or one of the picturesque restaurants. Or just continue to check out the different brands of tequila. With salt and lime at the ready, you'll be all set to taste the goods. It's important to do your research properly, after all.
- Show your smartphone ticket to the driver at Revolution Park, right next to the exit of Juárez light rail station (see map). Look out for the bus with the Amigo Tours logo!
- The tour starts at 09:00. Please arrive at least 15 minutes earlier, the driver won't wait for latecomers
- Cancellations are possible up to 24 hours before your visit date
- Changes may be possible for this ticket