Tickets for Sacromonte Caves Museum
An underground trip into Gypsy history
- Learn about the Gypsies who first called this region home
- Explore diverse geography with mountain views, meadows, rivers and ethnic variety in ten reconstructed caves
- See traditional handicrafts made as inhabitants ventured into forgery, basketwork, ceramics and weaving
If the explorer in you is calling for a little adventure, this ethnographic museum will make your day! Thrillingly located in a set of caves, it will teach you all about the 18th-century Gypsy settlers, the diverse geography of the region, and its history. You'll also get sensational views of Alhambra!
The Gypsies (now more commonly known as Romani) settled in Granada in the 18th century, on the slopes of Cerro de San Miguel. For centuries, the caves of Sacromonte were their home.
Here, in what is now the museum of Sacromonte, you can explore ten recreated caves and learn about their cave-dwelling lifestyle and vibrant culture.
You'll see how the homes were and are set up, early decorations made with basic tools, and traditional handicrafts such as forgery, basketwork, ceramics, and weaving. In the Nature Room you'll learn about the agriculture, plants, and climate that aided their success in living off the land.
The museum also has a nature path leading to a full-scale model of the Darro valley, with sensational views over the valley and the Alhambra.
- Entrance ticket to Sacromonte Caves Museum
Cancellations are not possible for this ticket.
- 15 March - 14 October: 10:00 - 20:00
- 15 October - 14 March: 10:00 - 18:00
Take the bus line C2 to Camino del Sacromonte.