- Explore inside Gala Dalí Castle, designed by Salvador Dalí himself, to be the home and burial place of his wife, Gala
- See original works by Dalí dotted in and around the castle, including bony elephants, giraffes, and a taxidermied horse
- Learn about the couple's unconventional marital agreement – Dalí could only visit her if he had permission in advance!
From the outside, it's a stunning 11th-century castle. On the inside, however, Gala Dalí Castle is a time capsule of art history with a touching story of romance that is as unconventional as its owner.
A gift from the legendary Surrealist painter, Salvador Dalí, to his wife and muse, Gala, the castle is where Gala lived out her twilight years. Dalí doted over Gala and designed the castle with one function in mind – to be a place suitable for his wife's rest and refuge – even in death.
Wander the well-preserved interior and see how the surreal half lived! From the taxidermied horse that first appears as you peer through a glass-bottomed coffee table to Gala's crypt in the cellar, Gala Dalí Castle is distinctively Dalí. Surreal, grotesque, morbid, and strangely beautiful all at once, one might say that Dalí's memory persists here!
During your visit, you'll see original art objects created by the enigmatic master of Surrealism, as well as dresses worn by Gala, and plenty of weird and wonderful interior design choices that only the Dalís' could have thought of!
Gala Dalí Castle provides you with a unique experience of one of the most original artists in history. Don't dilly Dalí – get your ticket now!
- Show your smartphone ticket at the entrance
- You may use your ticket within 20 minutes of the booked timeslot
- Cancellations are not possible for this ticket
- Changes are not possible for this ticket
No animals allowed, except guide dogs.