- Visit the largest maritime museum in the Mediterranean and learn about Genoa and Italy's seafaring past
- Step on board a 17th-century replica galley ship and see, hear, and touch what inspired the likes of Christopher Columbus
- See maps and globes, learn about Italian emigration in the 1800s, and see amazing views of Genoa from the top floor viewpoint!
Step aboard to explore a true medieval and Renaissance maritime power! Genoa has a fascinating history of seafaring. Come soak it all up at The Galata Sea Museum (Galata Museo del Mare) - the largest maritime museum in the Mediterranean, complete with high-tech displays and real-life replica galley ships!
Aye aye sailor! On the ground floor of Genoa's Galata Sea Museum you'll learn about the city's native son Christopher Columbus, visit a reconstructed 17th-century galley ship, and hear it come to life via film and sound effects!
On the second floor you'll feel the call to adventure as you gawp at old globes and maps. In the Memory and Migration section on the third floor you can visit the steamer Città di Torino and explore over 40 multimedia stations to learn about 19th-century Italian emigration by sea.
Whip out your camera on the top-floor mirador - here's where you'll find one of Genoa’s very best cityscape views. The perfect finale to this seafaring trip back in time.
Show your smartphone ticket at the C-way desk.
- Cancellations are not possible for this ticket
- Changes are not possible for this ticket
Bus: 1, 9, 18, 32 or 35 to Gramsci 2/STATUTO.