- Enjoy an hour of groundbreaking theater, performed in the beautiful 15th-century Il Fuligno building
- Discover the fascinating world of the Medici family, rulers of Florence for over 300 years and supporters of the Renaissance-era arts and sciences
- See 18th-century Florence brought to life with spectacular special effects and projections which transform the stage in breathtaking ways
At The Medici Dynasty Show brilliant performances combine with cutting-edge special effects and projections to bring the story of this famous Florentine family to life. Both tear-jerking and hilarious, this captivating drama lays out the story of the Medici, a family that changed history, ruled Florence for three centuries and produced three popes!
This exhilarating theatrical experience will transport you back to 1737 - when the two remaining heirs to the Medici dynasty met to decide the fate of their legacy.
The Medici family ruled Florence for over 300 years, encouraging and supporting the artists and scientists of the Rennaissance. It's said that without the family's influence, Michelangelo may never have carved his David, nor Botticelli have painted The Birth of Venus.
The play focuses on the last days of the dynasty, as siblings Gian Gastone and Anna Maria Luisa meet to discuss Gian's failing health and the encroaching Austrian rule.
If this sounds like a history lesson, don't worry! The Medici Dynasty Show is hugely entertaining, using music and comedy to explore the family's incredible influence and lasting legacy.
Whether you're a Florence first-timer or a local, this is a compelling and enjoyable way to get to know the city's most famous family.
- Cancellations are possible up to 72 hours before your visit date.
- Changes may be possible for this ticket
- Bus: Lines 1, 6, 11, 14, 17, 23, 307 A, 366 A to Via Fiume stop + 3 minutes walking
- Bus: Lines 1, 2, 6, 11, 12, 17, 23, 131, 350 A, 351 A, 353 A, 354 A, 357 A, 360 A, 365 A, 370 A to Stazione Largo Alinari + 5 minutes walking