- The Saint Mark’s Opera Series has been highly esteemed by critics, tourists and locals alike. With rave reviews in The Guardian and the Washington Post, this musical event will be a Florentine high note
- The operas are adapted to suit the unique and intimate setting of Saint Mark’s. Enjoy two hours of enthralling performance with a refreshing glass of prosecco in the interval
- The dramatic action of La Boheme, La Traviata and the Marriage of Figaro unfolds with the artists just a few feet from the audience
- Each opera has an introduction in English, and programme notes are provided in German, English, French and Italian
Take a seat and be swept away by the dramatic storytelling at Saint Mark’s Opera. Characterized by the intimate setting, incredible acoustics, and breathtaking performances, this is a night at the opera you won't forget. Seated just meters from the artists, watch operatic drama unfold right in front of you, within the magnificent interior of Saint Mark’s Anglican Church.
Saint Mark’s Anglican Church in Florence has been at the heart of Florence’s religious and cultural life since 1881. Housed in a fifteenth century palazzo, the atmospheric interior reflects the beautiful aesthetics of the Pre-Raphaelite movement.
Whether an opera buff or a complete newbie, the opera series at Saint Mark’s Church is a unique and enchanting experience. The intimate and atmospheric interior allows guests to admire the storytelling and the singing up close, with performers just a few meters away.
Reciting classics such as the Marriage of Figaro, La Boheme and Madame Butterfly, the opera series at St. Mark’s has been unanimously heralded a smash success - by critics, tourists, and locals alike.
The staff at St. Mark’s make everyone feel absolutely at home, with an English introduction to the opera and programme notes in Italian, English, French and German. This means you can sit back and enjoy the singing and spectacle, without a need to whisper "what's happening?" to the person next to you every few minutes.
The exquisite Pre-Raphaelite interior, paired-down performances and resounding acoustics makes for a truly magical experience. This is a spectacular place to see the epic tales of operatic love and loss.
Take a seat and be prepared for a dramatic, moving and impressive night at the opera in Florence!
Via Maggio 18
Show your mobile tickets at the entrance and get right in!
- It's walking distance from Florence city center. Just cross the Santa Trinità bridge and take Via Maggio
- Bus: 36, 37, stop Soderini 01