- Celebrate the life and incredible scientific achievements of Galileo in a hands-on museum that's sure to inspire future scientists
- Explore a huge collection of Renaissance scientific instruments – see Galileo's iconic telescope, and even his severed finger!
- Brush up on your astrophysics in the giant research library, featuring 15,000 tests from the 1500s to the present day
Want to see Galileo's severed middle finger? You'll find that and more at Florence's Galileo Museum, when you enter the world of one of history's greatest scientists! Dive into Galileo's mad imagination and inventions via interactive exhibits, original scientific instruments and more!
Galileo revolutionized humanity's understanding of science and the universe with proof that the Earth orbited the sun. Nestled in the heart of his native Florence, this fun-packed museum explains and celebrates his incredible achievements.
In the museum's Medici collection, check out some of Galileo's original scientific instruments, including his iconic telescope and the lenses he used to discover the moons of Jupiter. And you'll see his real middle finger, perfectly preserved in an ornate glass vial!
After that, browse an incredible collection of ancient Italian scientific equipment, including Antonio Santucci's armillary sphere – the largest in the world. You'll come to appreciate just how much Tuscany has contributed to modern science.
Feeling inspired? Study up in the gigantic scientific library (with over 15,000 works) or go wild with the hands-on exhibits and interactive displays.
Show your smartphone voucher at the ticket office and pick up your paper ticket.
- Cancellations are not possible for this ticket
- Changes are not possible for this ticket
Bus: Line C1 from Stazione via Panzani to Galleria degli Uffizi stop + 1-minute walk.