- Skip the line to visit 111 acres of one of the original Renaissance gardens. Formal, manicured and beautiful, you may find yourself daydreaming on your walk - just as many a 16th century noble would have done
- Garden highlights include a 6-meter Egyptian obelisk from the time of Rameses II, the magnificent grottoes, and the Fountain of Neptune
- Use your ticket to visit not just Boboli Gardens - see also the Costume Gallery, Museum of Silver and Porcelain, and the Bardini Garden
A wonderfully landscaped sculpture park behind the Pitti Palace, Boboli Gardens is an extravagant mix of nature, architecture, and sculpture - as well as various museums; it's many attractions rolled into one. This ticket allows you to skip the line, and also gives access to the Costume Gallery, the Silver and Porcelain Museums, and the nearby Bardini Garden. A trip here is a journey deep into the heart of Renaissance perfection.
As you take a passeggiata (stroll) along the geometric paths of this manicured greenspace, you’ll be surrounded by a near-perfect expression of Renaissance ideals: natural beauty, formally ordered, beautifully adorned architecture, and real and simulated ancient structures. In fact, this garden was one of the first landscape projects to define exactly what the Renaissance ideal of natural beauty would be. #trendsetter
A visit here is a great chance to step away from the bustle of the city and appreciate nature – there are some particularly impressive old oak trees. The influence of ancient culture can be seen all through the gardens, from Neptune’s Fountain, to the Fountain of the Ocean by Giambologna, to Giorgio Vasari's Large Grotto. And of course the Egyptian obelisk from 13th century BC. And throughout the gardens are sculptures and fountains, making you feel like a duke or duchess.
Your ticket also includes access to a number of other attractions in and around the area.Boboli Garden
The original Renaissance garden, the 111-acre Boboli Gardens were a gift from Cosimo I de’ Medici to his wife, Eleonora di Toledo.Bardini Garden
The lesser-known Bardini Garden is a smaller (and quieter) nearby garden, only recently opened to the public.Costume Gallery
Located in the Palazzina della Meridiana, this is the only museum in Italy dedicated to the history of high fashion.Museum of Silver and Porcelain
Located in the Casino del Cavaliere on a hilltop overlooking the gardens, these important and beautiful collections document the taste (and means) of the Florentine ruling class.
piazza pitti 1
- Access to Boboli Garden
- Access to Bardini garden
- Access to Costume Gallery
- Access to Museum of Silver
- Access to Museum of Porcelain
- Access to the Grotta del Buontalenti
- Audioguide (not included but available at the ticket office in the following languages: Eng., Ita., Esp., Fre., Ger., Jap.)
- Swap your smartphone voucher for a printed ticket at the ticket office inside the museum
- We advise you to be at the ticket office 15 minutes prior to your timeslot booking
NOTE: Under-18s can enter this venue for free. However they still need tickets, which can be picked up at the box office.
- Bus: Take line D, get off at Pitti station
- Address: Pitti Palace, Piazza Pitti, 1 - Florence
Boboli Garden, Bardini Garden and Museum of Porcelain
- Apr - Oct: 08:15 - 18:30
- Nov - Feb: 08:15 - 16:30
- Mar: 08:15 - 17.30
- Last entry is one hour before closing
- Summer hours: Jun - Aug: Open until 19.30 (last entry at 18.30)
Costume Gallery and Museum of Silver
- Apr - Oct: 08:15 - 18.30
- Nov - Feb: 08:15 - 16:30
- Mar: 08:15 - 17:30
- Last entry is half hour before closing
If you like climbing steps, check out the Giardino del Cavaliere, built above a defensive bastion designed by Michelangelo. It offers a lovely view over the city and surrounding countryside.
We enjoyed the gardens and the ease of the ordering online ahead of time and being able to skip the line.
A wonderful experience. The tours of the two museums left me breathless.
Beautiful gardens as the rear of Palazzo Pitti. Spread out over many acres and with different parts and gradients. Some may find some of the walks difficult but if you are averagely fit you'll be fine. Take a camera as the views down into Firenze are beautiful.
Great day out. The ticket really helped get in quicker. Gardens are beautiful and the view down onto Firenze if fabulous.
The gardens were lovely and the views of Florence were spectacular. The costume exhibit was just wonderful and at the end of the afternoon we enjoyed cold beer and a panini.
The directions on where to pick up the tickets were clear, no waiting for to collect tickets and the venue was a great day out